A whole-foods, plant-based diet has never been easier or tastier—300 brand-new recipes for cooking the Forks Over Knives way, every day!
Forks Over Knives—the book, the film, the movement—is back again in a Cookbook. The secret is out: If you want to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, and prevent (or even reverse!) chronic conditions such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes, the right food is your best medicine. Thousands of people have cut out meat, dairy, and oils and seen amazing results. If you’re among them—or you’d like to be—you need this cookbook.
Del Sroufe, the man behind some of the mouthwatering meals in the film, proves that the Forks Over Knives philosophy is not about what you can’t eat, but what you can. Chef Del and his collaborators Julieanna Hever, Judy Micklewright, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and Darshana Thacker transform wholesome fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes into 300 recipes—classic and unexpected, globally and seasonally inspired, and for every meal of the day, all through the year:
- Breakfast: Very Berry Smoothie, Breakfast Quinoa with Apple Compote
- Salads, Soups and Stews: Kale Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing, Lotsa Vegetable Chowder, Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Stew
- Pasta and Noodle Dishes: Sicilian Cauliflower Linguine, Stir-Fried Noodles with Spring Vegetables
- Stir-Fried, Grilled and Hashed Vegetables: Grilled Eggplant Steaks
- Baked and Stuffed Vegetables: Millet-Stuffed Chard Rolls
- The Amazing Bean: White Beans and Escarole with Parsnips
- Great Grains: Polenta Pizza with Tomatoes and Basil
- Desserts: Apricot Fig Squares, Bursting with Berries Cobbler
- . . . and much more!
Simple, affordable, and delicious, the recipes in Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook put the power of real healthy food in your hands. Start cooking the whole-food, plant-based way today—it could save your life!
★ New York Times Bestseller
“Pure elegance. Del’s recipes show just how sophisticated plant-based cooking can be. If you think gourmet can’t be healthy, be delightfully disproved with this book.”
—Lindsay S. Nixon, author of The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, Everyday Happy Herbivore and Happy Herbivore Abroad
"The recipes in this book are versatile, simple to prepare and, most important, tasty."
"Forks Over Knives meals are good for the body—and the pocketbook."
"The arguments for a plant-based diet in a resource-strapped world are increasingly convincing: It's cheaper, better for the environment, and can be a healthier option."
"[Sroufe's] mean green smoothie is a nutrient-rich, fiber-filled, antioxidant-packed dream."
“These recipes are so delicious . . . you’ll never miss the fat.”
—Our Hen House